All riders must have their own insurance.
Please understand this is a trekking operation.
We want you to really enjoy our rides and our horses but in the interest of safety for every one on your ride you may have to go a little slower than you would ideally like and just have a few short controlled canters as approved by your guide.
We do not encourage galloping on the beach as if one horse gets out of control this makes a hazard for every one…it is a long beach and opens to the road in places.
Also if every one galloped our horses we would have no horses left after a week!!!!!
If you are an experienced rider you will understand this and really enjoy our lovely location and well loved horses in a more leisurely way than you may have expected.
If you are a novice rider you will be secure in the knowledge we have your safety as a priority and you can relax and enjoy your ride too.
Have you decided which trek you would like to do and its departure date? We accept electronic bookings but your place on a trek is not guaranteed until you have paid a deposit of 25% of the trek cost. You are welcome to pay by cheque or credit card.
Warning: It may not be safe to transmit your credit card number using email. You can print out the booking form and fax or post it to us so your credit card remains secure.
Bookings are accepted by Pakiri Beach Horse Rides (the operator) upon the payment of a non-refundable deposit of no less than 20% of the trek cost and the receipt of a signed booking form.
Payment in full is required no later than 21 days before departure of all multi day tours.
All prices are in NZ Dollars and include GST.
Cancellation Policy for Short Daily Rides.
Pakiri Beach Horse Rides are happy to ride in all weathers, we do understand however that not everybody likes riding in torrential rain!
Pakiri is a micro climate and if you’re unsure of the conditions we encourage you to call as often the sun is shining when it’s miserable elsewhere. Very often the weather forecast is not applicable to Pakiri. Whether you have plans to enjoy summer horseback riding or a winter horse trek be sure to give us a call to find out the conditions at our headquarters. 09 422 6275
We require a 30% non-refundable deposit on all bookings.
In Winter Months:
A minimum of 24 hours notice due to weather we are happy to accept your horse riding cancellation and transfer your deposit to another date for your winter horse trek.
In Summer Months:
Minimum of 48 hours notice for a horse riding cancellation
Peak season December, January, February. a minimum of 48 hrs cancellation notice All deposits for your ride must be deposited when you book to secure your space for a summer horseback ride. We take and process credit card details by phone when you book.
A horse riding cancellation fee of $ 30.00 will be deducted from the client’s refund. This refund only applies if the client cancels at least 7 Days before their horse trek. Less than 7 days cancellation no refund.
Remember when you book a ride we make sure there is a horse and a trained paid guide prepared and on standby for you and we turn away other riders so that you can ride.
Cancellation Policy for Daily Rides
Because when you book we have a guide and horse ready for you and we have turned away other people who wanted to ride in your place we are sure you will understand why we have to adhere to the following policy:
100% less 5% booking fee refunded if cancelled more than a month out
80% refunded if cancelled 2 weeks out
50% refunded if cancelled between 2 and 1 weeks
0% refunded if cancelled less than 48 hours before ride
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is payable upon booking
- Payment in full is due 30 days before departure
- A 50% refund will be made if cancellation is received at least 14 days prior to departure of the ride
- No refund will apply if a cancellation is received after 14 days prior to departure or during ride.
Pakiri Beach Horse Rides reserves the right to cancel a ride at any time if safety is compromised by bad weather, river flooding or other circumstances. Clients will be refunded if this should occur before the ride commencement date.
Other conditions relevant to booking rides for clients:
We have a rider weight limit of 95 kgs. We are not able to take any heavier riders, and we reserve the right to turn away riders who are over this weight upon arrival at the farm. This is in the interests of safety for both rider and horses.
- Client bookings are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate The possible risks inherent in adventure travel specifically on and around horses, and that they undertake our tours at their own volition.
- The operator places extreme importance on the safety of its clients. However it is important that clients realise that they are responsible for making themselves aware of the risks involved and are responsible for making their decisions accordingly.
- All care will be taken but the operator assumes no responsibility for injury, loss or damage in any way.
- Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the operators employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with the operator.
- If in the opinion of such a person the health or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour or compromise the safety and enjoyment of the other riders in the group, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour.
- The operator reserves the right to alter any itinerary at any time.
- The client acknowledges and accepts that although the operator does hold various insurances this booking condition states that the client must assume he/she is not covered by any insurance policy the operator may hold, including all liability insurance for death, injury, damage or any other loss.
- The operator advises clients to obtain adequate medical / travel insurance. There is a weight limit of 95kg on all multi day rides. This will be strictly adhered to.
- The person signing the booking form (which incorporates these terms) warrants that he/she has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions
- Parent or legal guardian must sign for anyone under 18 years of age.